Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dog-Headed Cannibal

Someone dropped a St. Christopher medallion in the tip jar today. 

St. Christopher is the patron saint of travelers... the back has an inscription saying "Then go your way in safety".

It's a lovely little medallion from France, and I took it to mean great big things as I prepare for my next big journey out West.

Legend has it that St. Christopher helped carry people across a river, because of his great big size (12 foot tall Cannanite). One day he was carrying a little child, and the child all of a sudden became so heavy that both almost drowned. When St. Chris says, "Ok, woa, you were totally heavy back there. Whats up?" The child says, "You not only carried me, but you carried the weight of the world...I'm the creator of it!" and the baby disappeared. Neat story.

I'm wearing it now, on my precious heart and key necklace (which also has mystical beauty meaning to me)... 

I mean, can you believe it? What timing..! Definitely worth more to me than the tips I earned today.



No comments: