Friday, November 28, 2008

Good Gravy



Thanksgiving 2008.

Rough start, but a great one.  Round one was at Dads place in Hilto
n. The menu was Ukrainian with Turkey... first time I've had smoked fish instead of st
uffing. And my step mom made THEE MOST DELICIOUS TORTE! It translates as "Drunk Cherry", and oh shoot, 
I just remembered it's still in the car. James and Jessica were energetic little entertainers. Pushkin wore a tuxedo. Dad and I talked electronics and music for a bit. He fixed my Grado Headphones, and I fixed his PC and Ipod. 

Jessica told various stories in order to humiliate James. This is what she told me when he went for my cell phone to "call the police"... 




James at the table, wearing his buffet pants.


Oh, you're so serious James.


Dad, an ambitious eater.  


Jessica showing me the the Rat King villain on the Barbie Nutcracker


Jessica and the little beast in his tux


And the amazing torte made by my stepmom!


Round two was at Moms place in Webster. Tryptophan might be a myth, but I definitely hit the couch for about 20 minutes. The food was excellent, and mom had enough leftovers for a village. Nick S came by, too, and made skinny remarks like, "I'm filling up on these cucumber slices"... come on. Grandma kept staring at him to eat more blintzes. Grandma and I also spoke briefly about visiting Ukraine the summer of 2009... it would be a dream come true. My favorite aunt came, and I can't believe how much my little cousin is growing up...man.. am I really almost 25?? I didn't take as many photos here, but the majority of the day was spent  "where life is worth living" (Webster). Lots of great conversation, and laughter, and "I can't possibly eat anymore"...yet we ate more.


An incriminating photo of my "I don't drink, and I've never been drunk" mother. Is that sparkling wine and a buzzed face? I think so!


The wonderful Dinner my mom made

The team. I asked everyone to hold up their knife and fork, no response.

And thats that! I worked "Black Friday" today at the cafe (nightmarishly busy), and now I'm off to work the box office. A documentary about the architecture of Antonio Gaudi is showing tonight, the only reason I recognize him is because of this wonderful flick from the summer... Lets hope it sells out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey olgs, you got me hooked on here now!