Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes

What a Day. What a Night.

I love to walk because I never know who I'll run in to, where I'll go, how long I'll go for...
Strangers, friends, old friends, new friends, people I see all the time but we never speak... An adventure.

This morning we (puppy and I) left the house just shy of
noon and spent the entire afternoon out and about until 4 pm. I picked up a hot tea @ the Classy Cookie Deli, and made my way down Park Ave. Picked up a paper and sat in the little park bench area near Barrington Street. They decorated a pine tree with all sorts of Christmas glam. That's nice, isn't it? Public decorations for the enjoyment of everyone, anyone. Mellissa called and I met her @ Piatza's, where she ate a giant slice for two. We sat on the sidewalk, talked, laughed, reviewed the holidays. We parted, and I walked on, to Utter Clutter. The nice man @ Hogans wasn't there today; we chat everyday while he pets the dog.

Mellissa and baby Jack (in belly)

At Utter Clutter, I picked up a vintage black slip with beautiful lace straps. The kind you wear around the house when you drink martini's and listen to old love songs. I picked up a sweetheart locket, and a pair of clip on glass earring from the 1920's. I've never seen earrings like these...



I picked up a few good records, too!
1. Aretha Franklin, Two Sides of Love (listening to it now) *soul, mo-town*
2.Marvin Gaye, Midnight Love * sexy time r&b*
3.Jan & Dean, Surf City *vintage surf rock*
4. The Best of Little Anthony and The Imperials *doowop, mo-town*
5. The Singing Nun ( I collect these and give them away) *a nun singing in French...pop music?*
6.Joni James, Je T'aime * old french pop*

Sara (owner of said store) and I shared a cigarette and chatted. She's one of my favorite people in Rochester, top 5 in fact. She was one of the first people I met when I moved back this February, and her store has helped me decorate my little boudoir. I made friends with a nice boy in the store, too. He was there the night Elephant Six played @ Bug Jar, and he too met Jeff Mangum. We gushed, and further found out we have mutual friends and similar interests. Complete strangers, now friends. His goal in life is "to be a mountain man"! I wonder what my goal is...

You read that last Wednesday I had a strong urge to see live classical music, right? Well last night Nicholas and I saw Stephen Hough play @ Kilbourne Hall. There was a moment of utter perfection and I cried two tiny tears. A professor (in contradiction) once described music as "cosmically indescribable", I felt that last night. I also felt overdressed. People were in jeans and sweatshirts! I'd still rather wear nice shoes and a cocktail dress. Nicholas told me about a script he's been working on, and I dreamt part of it last night. I wonder if we dream things people tell us, even before they tell us.


Yikes it's getting late, I have to walk to work now. 




WINK ( I was totally winking before Sarah Palin, btw)

No comments: