Thursday, December 4, 2008

Film Record for November

Quote of the Day, from a boyscout at the museum shop: (pointing at photography book, and yelling) I really found a naked lady!

Phone Call of the Day: Hi, Olga? This is The Church of Scientology...


Purchase of the Day: from Thread, my favorite candle scent, purchased as a room spray, to be used as body spray. Santiago Huckleberry, from Voluspa. it's heavenly.


Outting of the Day: Pat's Coffee Mug, then Openface, then Thread, then Goodwill with Miss Karrah.



Random Info of the Day: There's an I Love Lucy museum, one hour south of Buffalo.


Anticipation of the Day: Jon Moses, Oxford Collapse, and Spinto Band play Bug Jar tonight.


(movie journal)


I started a movie journal earlier this year, in which I chronicle and breifly discuss every film I see that month. 2008 (easily into 2009) is The Year of the Film... at least in my calendar... Anyway, in November I saw 22 films. Most of them were at the Dryden, unless otherwise noted... there are many details left out here (ie, director, year, genre); left for my personal journal . And so, in very particular order, here's all the movies (+/- 1) I saw in November of 2008.


1. Tugboats to Polar Bears: Short Films of Matt McCormick

2. The Photographer, His Wife, and Her Lover

3. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

4. An Evening w/ Don Hertzfelt featuring: I Am So Proud of You

5. Pinocchio

6. The Exiles (but I walked out half way)

7. Flow: The Love of Waters

8. Dumbo

9. Diary Of A Lost Girl (silent cinema, in accordance w/ my class)

10. Synechdoche (@ The Little)

11. Rachel Getting Married (@ The Little)

12. Bambi

(rentals)

13. The Decameron (top pick. A Pasolini film!)

14. Cinemania (top pick. documentary about cinephiles)

15. Best of Colbert Report (I know, I know it's a show)

(misc)

16. Tropic Thunder

17. Shadows of Our Forgotten Ancestors (top pick)

18. Heathers

19. The Immigrant (top pick, Chaplin)

20. The Bell Boy (w/ Arbuckle and Keaton)

21. Steam Boat Bill Jr (top pick. Keaton)

I really fell in love w/ Chaplin and Keaton this month, as well as animated films (Disney, Hertzfeld). I meant to watch an Orson Wells film but I couldn't get through it... Decameron took about 2 tries, but was well worth it. Can't wait to watch Salo. Or maybe I can.

My December list has already started.

There are about 52 girl and boy scouts in the shop right now... Rob said he learned to tune out the sound of mass children and babies crying when he was the giraffe at Toys R' Us. I'm working on it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you forgot the savages!

Olga L. said...

oh yeah, and we watched La Vie En Rose... but I thought that was in October...? ?

Unknown said...

was it??

goodness time flies. i dont even know anymore.