Sunday, February 15, 2009

3 conditions

How I spent Valentines day, after 12 hours of work:

Put on my new silk dress. it's freezing out, but i wanted to look nice.
We drank some drinks that looked the color of purple pop-ice and tasted like vodka, and we all  danced a little in the living room. I played piano alone in the side room (tried to play neutral milk hotel, and bruce, and the andrews sisters, and a little ditty i wrote). I want to get a piano wherever I live next. 

Then when I felt brave, I played a game.. but he didn't play along. There were conditions, and he didnt follow... as a result he walked home without his coat, his shoes, or his hat.

I can be stubborn, too,  y' know.

...After all, I put on a nice dress and perfume...  and I sang every Elvis song on the record player tonight. 


Still...I think some things are worth waiting for. And I'm glad I don't get what I want most of the time. 
Because for every morsel I give up and sacrifice and suffer and feel disappointed, in the end I'll  get what I've waited for and I'll be wiser. I'll enjoy it more and say "I deserve this". I believe in the virtue of a pure heart. I believe disappointment has to happen before satisfaction. 


I am both frustrated and simply delighted right now.

Hope everyone had a lovely, or at least ridiculous Valentines Day!




No comments: